The beef-based diet is so popular because it helps lose weight while feeling sated and full of energy. So how do you lose weight eating beef, and how should a menu be created for this diet?
ABOUT THE DIET
The beef diet usually lasts 1–2 weeks. During this time, eat the following foods:
- Non-fat cottage cheese
- Hard-boiled eggs (2 eggs a day)
- Oatmeal porridge and bran
- Low-fat cultured milk products
- Greens and vegetables (fresh and baked)
While on this diet, you can drink fresh juice, herbal tea, and plain noncarbonated water. However, avoid alcohol, fatty food, and sweets! How does this diet work? The most important processes happen when the body thinks that it is full: the protein in beef immediately suppresses sensations of hunger while you are losing weight. Low-fat beef contains a lot of nutrients, so this diet helps you lose weight safely and quickly without crash dieting.
“While on this diet, you can drink fresh juice, herbal tea, and plain noncarbonated water. However, avoid alcohol, fatty food and sweets!”
PRINCIPLES OF THE BEEF DIET
With this diet, you can shed up to 8 kg over 14 days.
- For the best results, drink at least 2 litres of water evenly throughout the day.
- If you are over 40, replace beef with veal.
- Before taking up the beef diet, consult a doctor because this regime has some contraindications (gastrointestinal disorders, diabetes, and advanced age, liver, kidney, and pancreatic disorders).
Since beef contains no vitamin D, a doctor can recommend taking certain medical products to boost this vitamin levels in your body.
WHAT TO EAT WHILE DIETING?
Remember: beef should be steamed, braised, or baked. A perk of this diet is just how great combination of beef with fresh vegetables tastes.
Here is a sample menu for this diet:
|FOR A DAY||A glass of water; cottage cheese pudding (200 g) with an egg and honey; coffee or grapefruit juice||A glass of water; fresh steak; meatless ciorba with no potatoes; vegetable salad with greens and olive oil; tea or fresh juice.||A glass of water; kefir or yoghurt with honey and spices; an apple||Water; boiled meat and baked vegetables; herbal tea|
Note that you should not eat anything after 8 p.m. to let the body digest all the food and rest.