The citrus diet is not easy to follow. It is very effective, but you must be patient and have a lot of self-control: this is the only way to get great results. Are you ready?
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
If you expected a certain variety of food, unfortunately, it’s not about the citrus diet — this eating plan provides only citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, grapefruit etc.).
Why this diet? If you strictly follow the rules without relapsing, you can lose 7 to 10 kg just within 10 days. But remember that sudden and rigid dietary restrictions can be very stressful for your body. To make sure that this diet is good for you, consult your physician before dieting.
If you choose the citrus diet, take the following groups of medical products:
- Anti-allergic drugs (if you have an even mild allergy to any fruit)
- Hepatoprotectors (to prevent liver toxicity)
- Omega fatty acids (they help to avoid headaches and tachycardia caused by fat and protein deficiency in the body)
Remember that any citrus fruit can cause severe allergic reactions. Should this happen, stop dieting immediately. Citrus diet is not for pregnant or lactating women, teenagers or people with any chronic conditions either.
PROS AND CONS OF THE DIET
The citrus diet offers the following advantages:
- Full body cleansing after eating a lot of unhealthy food (sweets, high-fat products, fast food etc.).
- You start to lose weight just after 3 days of dieting.
- Fat is being burned without exercising.
- Fruit contain a lot of nutrients and vitamins (but you should eat 2 boiled eggs for supper every day to provide your body with protein).
- You do not have to cook any specific dishes.
- Fruits are tasty and bright.
However, there are some disadvantages of the diet:
- It can cause stretch marks (if you have lost a lot of weight).
- Without adopting healthy eating habits after you have finished dieting, about a half of weight you have lost can return.
- Allergy to citrus fruits.
- Constant hunger.
- Frequent fatigue and headaches.
HOW DO I EAT CITRUS FRUITS CORRECTLY?
You can compose your menu for a day following this example:
|FOR A DAY|
|BREAKFAST||Fresh orange; grapefruit juice|
|LUNCH||Grapefruit; 2 kiwis|
|DINNER||2 boiled eggs|
|BEFORE GOING TO BED||Low-fat yogurt|
While on the citrus diet, drink plain non-carbonated water (you can add lemon juice) and green or herbal tea. Experts also recommend taking calcium supplements.