When you choose among various fruit diets, it is easy to forget about kiwis is often forgotten for some reason, even though they are great for weight loss. This kind of berries helps to lose weight while eating your favourite foods (healthy ones, of course)
WHAT TO EAT AND WHAT TO AVOID?
The kiwi diet is a low-calorie eating plan, so you must give up some treats:
- Pastry and any sweets
- Fast food, smoked products and ready-to-eat foods
- Black tea and coffee
You can eat the following foods:
- Chicken meat
- Cream of wheat
- Sprouted wheat grains
- Cottage cheese and natural yoghurt
- Low-fat soup (such as fish soup)
- Vegetables and fruit
- Green and herbal tea and water
Meat and fish should be boiled or steamed; as for fruit and vegetables, eat them separately or add to salads. If you decide to keep this diet for 2 days, eat three kilos of kiwis (1.5 kg a day).
SHOULD I FOLLOW THIS DIET?
Like any other diet, this eating plan has some disadvantages including the following contraindications:
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Allergy to kiwis
- Bladder and kidneys disorders
The kiwi diet may slow down metabolism and cause fatigue and dizziness. Eating too much of this fruit leads to too high vitamin C level.
Advantages of this eating plan include the following:
- Nice taste of kiwis helps to avoid feeling hungry and cheers you up.
- Eating kiwis for 2 days, you can lose 2 kg.
- Kiwis contain vitamins and other helpful elements.
- Kiwi lowers cholesterol level, normalizes blood pressure and improves the functioning of heart and blood vessels.
- This berry helps to prevent premature greying, kidney stones and cancer.
HOW TO EAT KIWI TO LOSE WEIGHT?
Here is a sample kiwi diet eating plan for 2 days of the week (rotate these days):
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
|BREAKFAST||Oat-flakes with wheat sprouts; 1 apple; 1 kiwi; 1 grapefruit (cut into pieces); low-fat yoghurt.||2 boiled eggs; yoghurt with wheat sprouts (or 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese); 1 kiwi and other light fruit.|
|SNACK||Cocktail (minced wheat sprouts, orange and grapefruit juice, and water).||1 baked apple.|
|LUNCH||Cream of wheat balls; milk.||Steamed chicken meat; vegetable salad (cucumbers, white cabbage).|
|SNACK||Yoghurt; 200 g of kiwi and minced pistachios.||Kefir with wheat sprouts.|
|DINNER||50 g of cottage cheese; 1 slice of fitness bread with butter; 2 kiwis; yoghurt with wheat sprouts.||Whipped cottage cheese; 1 kiwi.|
If you want to follow the 2-day diet, increase the amount of kiwis to 3 kg, take walks outdoors, try to get enough sleep and drink plain water.