A couple of decades ago, many experts believed that pineapple could help you get incredibly fit if you eat it right. This has not changed much: today pineapples are still used to effectively lose weight without giving up sweet food.
ABOUT THE DIET
This eating plan is perfect for those who have a sweet tooth as pineapples contain a lot of healthy sugar. So enjoy eating this fruit, and over time you will get rid of craving for cakes and other harmful foods.
The nutrients contained in pineapple boost metabolism, thus making you lose weight fast. Strict 3-day pineapple diet is sometimes enough to obtain noticeable results; such diet requires you to eat only 1 pineapple a day (you can also have some non-starchy fruit). In this case, you should drink a lot of plain water, weak green tea, and black coffee. Have your final meal 4 hours before going to bed.
However, if you prefer the 5-day pineapple diet, your menu has to include some other healthy products: beans, shrimps and low-fat meat. Skip your breakfast during these 5 days.
Eat the following amount of food a day when on the 7-day pineapple diet:
- Pineapple juice without sugar (2 litres)
- Pineapples (700 g)
- Any vegetables other than potatoes (300 g)
- A slice of low-carb bread
- A plate of low-fat vegetable soup
- Low-fat meat (200 g)
Eat often and in small portions. For example, have 4 meals a day with 3 hours intervals. It is very important to maintain the results achieved while dieting, so you should adjust your eating plan correctly. After finish dieting, return to eating high-calorie food gradually, but make sure you do not put on weight. We suggest continuing eating pineapples, fruit and vegetables even after you have finished dieting. Also remember that you should not eat too many sweets, starchy and high-calorie food.
“Eat often and in small portions. For example, have 4 meals a day with 3 hours intervals. It is very important to maintain the results achieved while dieting, so you should adjust your eating plan correctly.”
How to choose a pineapple for dieting? Pay attention to the following:
- Knock on a pineapple with your knuckles: if the fruit is ripe, it should make a dull sound.
- A pineapple should have thick yellow-orange skin.
- The leaves of a ripe fruit detach easily.
Do not keep pineapple in the fridge; this fruit prefers warm places (but not heat).
Pineapple is a low-calorie fruit: there is just 52 kcal in 100 g of raw pineapple. It would seem that everybody can eat this fruit in moderation, but you still need to be cautious. The thing is that pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme breaking down compound fats. Breaking too much fat may cause hypotension, so if you decided to follow the pineapple diet, consult a doctor beforehand.
This diet has the following contraindications:
- Allergy to pineapples
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Age under 18
The pineapple diet is so popular due to the following reasons:
- It is easy to follow (you do not feel hungry all the time).
- It is perfect for those who love sweets.
- You lose weight quickly.
- This eating plan detoxifies and rejuvenates the body.
- Pineapples reduce swelling (that is why it is often recommended for people with kidneys disorders).
- Eating this fruit can also prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- This diet improves skin elasticity and makes it look smoother.
However, the pineapple diet has also some disadvantages:
- Pineapples are rather expensive.
- It is difficult to select good fruit (ripe pineapples are not easy to find).
- Pineapples contain acid that can damage tooth enamel (so rinse your mouth with plain water after eating this fruit or drinking pineapple juice).
HOW DO YOU MAKE UP A MENU CORRECTLY?
If you have chosen the 3-day pineapple diet, follow this eating plan each day:
|FOR 3 DAYS|
|BREAKFAST||1/3 of pineapple|
|SNACK||1 big apple (or other non-starchy fruit)|
|LUNCH||1/3 of pineapple|
|SNACK||1 orange or 2 mandarins|
|DINNER||1/3 of pineapple|
If you want to follow the diet for seven days, your menu can look as follows:
|FOR 7 DAYS|
|BREAKFAST||1 slice of low-carb bread; 1 slice of low-fat meat; pineapple (100 g); tea.|
|LUNCH||Vegetable soup; pineapple juice; pineapple (200 g).|
|SNACK||Kefir or natural yoghurt (200 g).|
|DINNER||Boiled meat (150 g); light vegetable salad (with non-starchy vegetables); pineapple juice.|